CUPA Scholarships for Continuing and Transfer Students
The CU Parents Association (CUPA) offers scholarships to continuing or transfer CU-Boulder students who will be sophomores, juniors, or seniors for the 2015-16 academic year and have a minimum 3.5 overall GPA. It is based on academic excellence, extracurricular activities, and a personal essay. Advanced or challenging courses are desirable and full-time enrollment at CU-Boulder is required while receiving this scholarship (12 credit hours).
These $2,500 merit based, non-renewable scholarships are awarded annually and disbursed at $1,250 in the fall semester and $1,250 in the spring semester. The deadline for submission is 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 12, 2015. You will be notified of your results via email on or about April 30, 2015.
Instructions (Please read carefully)
- Continuing or transfer CU-Boulder students who will be sophomores, juniors or seniors for the 2015-16 academic year are eligible to apply for the scholarship.
- Fill out the online form application linked above. Note: for best results, please use Internet Explorer or Safari.
- Attach a current resume starting with your collegiate years including extracurricular activities, how many hours/week dedicated, dates and years involved, leadership positions, and any employment history. File must be in Word or .pdf to upload.
- A current official CU-Boulder transcript and/or other college level transcripts are required for your application to be considered. For information on how to have an official CU-Boulder transcript sent to the Office of Parent Relations, go to the CU-Boulder Registrar’s website. The mailing address for the Office of Parent Relations is 120 UCB, Boulder, CO 80310. The email address for the Office of Parent Relations is email@example.com. You can also deliver a sealed, official transcript to the Office of Parent Relations located in the Center for Community, Suite N460, Room G. The Office of Parent Relations will scan your official transcript into your electronic application file. NOTE: STANDARD FREE PROCESSING FROM THE REGISTRAR TAKES 5-7 BUSINESS DAYS.
- Write a 500 word, double spaced personal essay with indented paragraphs along one-inch page margins. The essay needs to be in response to the following prompt using completely original work in your own words. File must be in Word or .pdf to upload.
“Describe the greatest challenge you have encountered while pursuing your college degree education and how you have overcome it, or are in the process of overcoming the challenge. Address the way in which your CU Boulder experience has been of help to you.”
- Check your application and required attachments listed above to be sure that they are complete. Is your application complete? Resume attached? Transcript attached? Personal essay in response the questions above attached? We are sorry, but incomplete applications cannot be considered.
- Be sure to include your name on your resume and your essay.
- By clicking on “send” at the bottom of your completed application, it will be e-mailed with your uploaded attachments to the Office of Parent Relations at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “Continuing Student Scholarship Application”.
If you are having problems sending your scholarship application packet, please contact the Office of Parent Relations at 303-492-1380 or via email at email@example.com.
- Complete application packets must be received electronically by 5:00 p.m. on Thursday, March 12, 2015.
- We wish you all the best of luck! All scholarship applicants will be notified of their scholarship results via email on or about April 30, 2015.