Part of what keeps CU-Boulder vibrant is what happens on campus after class. If your student tells you there is nothing to do on campus except study, ask them to check out events on the In the Mix. The key to success in the college years has proven to be involvement.
Signature events for parents include:
- The annual Family Weekend is held sometime between late September and mid October. Parents are especially welcome to visit CU-Boulder during this annual fall event recognized as one of the best of its kind in the country.
- Spring Football game is generally held in April and combines with a variety of campus activities. Date for Spring 2012 is April 14th.
- Spring Commencement
Signature events for incoming freshman include:
- Admitted Student Day generally held in April to introduce admitted students and their parents to a day at CU.
- Student and Parent Orientation sessions held the summer before freshman year. Parents are invited to come to CU-Boulder during their student’s orientation session for Parent Orientation.
- The CU Summer Send-Off Program has been an important part of the university’s efforts to welcome new students and their parents to ease their transition to college life at CU-Boulder.
Other important CU-Boulder dates and events can be found on a variety of web-based calendars.
- Check out the academic calendar to find out when semesters begin and end, when holidays occur, and other important deadlines.
- In the Mix university events calendar will help students find activities on campus and will even remind them on their smart phone or e-mail.
- Athletics events will help you know when to wear silver, gold, and black to cheer on the Buffaloes.
- Alumni events take place around the globe to keep our alumni and friends connected. Consider joining the Forever Buffs Network that includes parents of current CU students.
- Commencement events and information for graduates and their guests
- All other campus calendars will give you the rest of the events, exhibits, and outreach happening on campus.