Part of what keeps CU-Boulder vibrant is what happens on campus after class. If your student tells you there is nothing to do on campus except study, ask them to check out events on the In the Mix. The key to success in the college years has proven to be involvement.
Check out pictures from CU in China 2013 here!
Signature events for parents include:
- The annual Family Weekend is held sometime between late September and mid October. Parents are especially welcome to visit CU-Boulder during this annual fall event recognized as one of the best of its kind in the country.
- The spring football game which is generally held in April and combined with a variety of campus activities. Once on the CUBuffs website click on “Schedules” to find the date.
- Commencement events and information for graduates and their guests.
Signature events for incoming freshman include:
- CU Parents Council meetings are the place to meet other parents and University Staff.
- Admitted Student Day generally held in April to introduce admitted students and their parents to a day at CU.
- Student and Parent Orientation sessions held the summer before freshman year. Parents are invited to come to CU-Boulder during their student’s orientation session for Parent Orientation.
- The CU Summer Send-Off Program has been an important part of the university’s efforts to welcome new students and their parents to ease their transition to college life at CU-Boulder.
Other important CU-Boulder dates and events can be found on a variety of web-based calendars.
- Check out the academic calendar to find out when semesters begin and end, when holidays occur, and other important deadlines.
- Athletics events will help you know when to wear silver, gold, and black to cheer on the Buffaloes.
- Alumni events take place around the globe to keep our alumni and friends connected. Consider joining the Forever Buffs Network that includes parents of current CU students.
- All other campus calendars will give you the rest of the events, exhibits, and outreach happening on campus.